The Thermo Scientific HyPerforma S.U.B. is based on a conventional stirred tank approach rather than less characterized designs. The HyPerforma S.U.B. is a fully functional bioreactor vessel including single-use contact surfaces for mixing, venting, sparging and temperature sensing. Ports are provided for monitoring, sampling and liquid transfers. The unique mixing system (patent pending) provides overhead mixing while maintaining sterility and integrity. A re-usable outer support container also provides a mixer motor, heating/cooling, control unit for integration with an external control system and a mobile skid.
ez-Control is the most economical and advanced choice for your HyPerforma SUB
ez-Control is the most economical and advanced choice for your process control in your HyPerforma S.U.B. Systems. We have established a plug-and-play “ez-Control for S.U.B.” system based on the standard HyPerforma S.U.B. interface. Most control suppliers have experience with HyPerforma S.U.B. integration but where we make a difference is in the economy of our control solution in combination with its flexibility, ease of operation and advanced control capabilities. In combination with our services available through our Technical Support team we offer the best solution for HyPerforma S.U.B. automation currently available in the market. You can source the control system and HyPerforma S.U.B. direct from Applikon and let us supply an integrated solution.This turn-key supply of the integrated S.U.B. and control system offers peace of mind.
Since we manufacture both single-use and re-usable bioreactor systems from microliter scale up to full production scale, this gives us unique capabilities to support our customers and guide them from basic research to production in the shortest possible time. We have extensive experience operating bioreactor systems on all scales in our laboratories enabling us to offer real set-up and applications support to our customers.
The combination of ez-Control and HyPerforma S.U.B. offers the advantages of Single-Use Processing:
- No cleaning or sterilization (apart from the monitoring probes)
- Reduced turnaround and setup times
- Minimal validation
- Reduced investment and running costs
- Increased flexibility of manufacturing capacity
- Reduced time-to-market for your product
The HyPerforma S.U.B. product range provides working volumes from 25–1000 L, allowing seamless scale up.
Advantages of the HyPerforma S.U.B.
- Scalability – The HyPerforma S.U.B. offers a technology for both larger and smaller volume systems for research and process development to meet the needs of clients.
- Alternative Sparging Systems – Although the porous membrane in the current standard HyPerforma S.U.B. BPC performs well for a wide range of applications, the product is also supplied with an open pipe and (optional) micro porous “frit”.
- Single-use Non-invasive Sensors – Alternative systems are becoming accepted by bioprocessing customers, and modified port structures be integrated into the HyPerforma S.U.B. The ez-Control is capable of measuring both classical sensors for pH and Dissolved Oxygen as well as FLuorophor type sensors.